Friday, August 29, 2014

THEY MADE IT!!!

Woo Hoo the guys DID IT! They made it to Hyder, Alaska!!
(insert fireworks, confetti, balloons, and marching bands here). WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They actually made it there as planned, in on piece, no major mishaps or obstacles, in less than one month. Truly amazing. I have to say I'm very impressed. What a fantastic accomplishment. A HUGE congratulations from all of us back in Luck, WI and beyond.

Chuck sent me these pics but I have yet to get his blog post, so I apologize for lack of details at the moment (I'm sure I will receive them tonight sometime). They are probably out celebrating, and who could blame them. In fact, I really hope they are. They deserve to relish in every bit of their moment...and what a beautiful place to do it, too.


Downtown Hyder, Alaska

WE DID IT!!

Bad omen? He showed up just before I took a digger ~ Chuck

Hyder harbor

Hyder harbor

More Hyder harbor...

The rock slide we came upon.

This one had Mike's name on it...(look closely). Poor Mike.

Salmon Glacier

More of Salmon Glacier

Big 'ol Grizzly looking for fish

"I'm looking for a man named Chuck, have you seen him"? ~ Ted E. Bear

"Sorry, my name is Boo Boo. Yogi will be here shortly" ~ Boo Boo




No comments:

Post a Comment