Friday, August 8, 2014

One Week Down

Hi everyone! It's been one week since the boys left. I can't believe it, time sure flies! I do believe they finally have the hang of the "clipless pedal system". Why they call it that is beyond me because the pedals do have clips, just not ones you slide your toe into like we are used to seeing. This confusion resulted in someone posing the question, "why don't they just take off the clips if they are so troublesome?". The answer is they can't. Not without switching pedals (and shoes) altogether. The "clipless pedals" are specially designed to use with specific shoes that have a locking mechanism built into the toe area under the shoe. This system allows for maximum efficiency and energy transfer from the leg, to the pedal, to the bike. This set-up will allow them to bike many more miles per day, and also help with hills. 
It looks like this:





I haven't heard from Chuck in several days and believe they may be having communication troubles. Not much else to report at this time until I hear from them again. In the meantime, I'll keep everyone informed and entertained. Thanks for reading the blog, I hope everyone is enjoying it. 

PS - I sent Chuck an e-mail asking him to give me more news about what is happening and what they are experiencing. We want details!!  :)

~Paula Elert

No comments:

Post a Comment