Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Toe Clip Trials

                                                          Carb loading Canada style!

Less than one week of trek blogging and I have already received several e-mails reporting of bumps, scrapes, and bruises (shaking my head as I write this). I keep telling the boys, "Just twist the foot and it will come right out of the toe clip. It's easy!" Yeah, right. I guess the brain has a hard time switching from what it knows. So Todd and I have come up with a new fundraising idea...let's wager on which day they finally get the hang of the toe clips. Alright, I tease, but it might be the best fundraising idea yet. The most recent communication I've received from Chuck reads as follows:

"Today my body hurts from a recent fall (or two) so we thought it would be best to take it easy. We only walked 4 miles and rode 15, but tomorrow we'll hit it hard!! On a special side note we’d like to give thanks to our special friend and team chiropractor, Todd Elert. He not only fixed us physically before we left (thanks), but we sure could use him now. In addition to adjusting us, he gave us 6 of his special sauces before we left to put on noodles. We had one last night: venison on special Canadian noodles. Awesome! Thank you Todd. Maybe you need to catch up with us? Please!

PS: Tim, who is our driver, etc., couldn’t wait any long and finally went on a short 3 mile bike ride. Mike said he was too slow."

Tonight, before I go to bed, I'll make sure to say a little prayer for the boys. "Please God, let Chuck and Mike figure out how to properly use toe clips so they no longer crash and burn." Hmmmm...I think I see new nicknames somewhere in that sentence (he he). OK, enough with the teasing. They're out there doing it, right? That takes a lot of moxie. I must admit I'm a little envious, I wish I was out there doing it too. If only I understood what "special Canadian noodles" are. Or would it be more proper to call them "Canada" noodles? Either way it's carb loading, which gives the body energy and hopefully will help the brain adjust to the idea of "Just twist".

~Paula Elert

No comments:

Post a Comment