Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Communication Challenges

Signs sometimes cause confusion: we didn't know where we were suppose to go?









Hi everyone,

Chuck and Mike apparently are having communication challenges, so Chuck's posts are lighter than normal. In fact, the Day 23 post was cut off at the bottom and apparently I missed some information (which is kind of funny if you read it and compare it to the Day 24 post). Chuck just emailed me with concern asking me to post what was missed, so here ya go:

"Today we also saw another helicopter carrying a big bucket below it; we’re sure this has something to do with the fires. Another gorgeous day, couldn't be better. We have been so blessed in that regard.  
On a negative note, we can’t communicate...something with the server I think. I called Cosby (my son) and he suggested the same and maybe wait till we get a different server? Keep your fingers crossed. 
I’m too tired to write much more; hopefully we’ll be able to communicate soon and the pictures will help tell the story. 
THANK YOU: We think it’s about time we said a HUGE Thank You to Paula Elert, our editor, our blogger, our creator, our coach, etc.. Paula was the inspiration and the spark behind the blog. Without her it wouldn't be. She keeps us going. Thank you Paula!!" 
Awww, thanks Chuck. It has been my pleasure. There are so many people to thank, I'm sure it's hard to remember to name everyone. So many of you have helped, supported, and cheered Mike and Chuck on in some way. I know it means the world to them and I know they are looking to thanking all of you in person when the get back home!

More pics and stories to come, I'll get them posted as soon as I can.

~Paula

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you well at the finish line..what a thrill this has been. You two will surely have stories to tell your grandchildren. So where and when will you cross into Alaska? Sending hugs and prayers for a continued safe journey.

    Sue G

    ReplyDelete