Monday, August 11, 2014

In Alberta - Day 9

Sunday, August 10th - Day 9

We contemplated taking the day off, and we almost did, but it was so nice this morning that Mike and I decided to go for a 30 mile bike ride after all (traffic wasn't too bad...Sunday AM I guess) and just now finished our day with a 3 mile prayer walk.

I will keep this short. I cannot get wifi until morning. We were turned away at several campsites because of some “chuck wagon” festival this week so they were all full. We ended up having to drive until we found a site (which means we have to backtrack in the morning to pick up the miles). Anyhow, we are now in ALBERTA! Can you believe it? We have completed 491 miles of our trek with 1309 to go. Shhh...please keep that number a secret, we haven’t told our bodies yet.

I have an IDEA! Tomorrow I will go by a Tim Horton’s, the doughnut place. They have free wifi at all of them. I figured I could spy some smart looking younger person and ask if they could help me solve a problem.  I’ll tell them I can’t send my pictures. I’m betting they can figure it out. Pretty clever huh? Can’t believe one of you didn't think of that. I’ll report the results tomorrow.  

Lastly, another word of thanks to Jeff at Jeff’s Small Engine in Milltown. Mike was going to buy a generator from Jeff’s prior to departure (approx. $2,000) and finally Jeff just said why don’t I just loan you one to use for the trek. WOW. Thank you Jeff!! Stop by and give him a hug.

~Chuck

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading your posts and eager to see pictures. Thanks for your prayers, and I continue to pray for all of you.

    ReplyDelete