Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day 14

Day 14 

We have been gone for two weeks and are now at our half-way mark! Can you believe it?

Today we were prepared to make some miles. I hit a new record for miles ridden in one day: 61! We had 75 total (also a record) with 14 walking. The weather was cold to start with, a cool 53 degrees. By mid afternoon it was warm and windy with an easterly wind (that’s unusual).

Two things I want to report:

1. I was feeling good about our riding accomplishment when a fellow pulled in the “free” campground (a grocery story parking lot — which I do not recommend) and asked about what we were doing and we told him. He said his brother who was 65 last year just rode a bike across Canada. Started in Vancouver (dipping his wheel in the ocean) and then ended up in Newfoundland 6 weeks later. He told us his brother averaged 110 miles a day. He also told us his brother is a farmer and stopped and sprayed his fields for two days along the way. We are in disbelief and feeling not quite so mighty!?

2. Last night I went for my prayer walk (I usually pray out loud during my walk). Anyhow, Mike came along and I asked Mike to sing the Lord’s Prayer which he did and I prayed (out loud) while he sang. It was quite an experience: The Heaven’s rejoiced. AMEN!
Please Please continue to pray for us.

~Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment